Governor’s School for the Arts Foundation, Inc.
The mission of the Governor’s School for the Arts Foundation is to serve South Carolina’s artistically gifted students by increasing awareness and raising revenues to ensure excellence in our nation’s premier public residential high school for the arts.
The Foundation fulfills the mission by seeking contributions to increase the margin of excellence for the SC Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities (SCGSAH) from individuals, corporations, foundations and others. The office is responsible for integrating activities of institution-wide volunteer organizations and leadership groups within the mission and priorities of the foundation. We are committed to offering exceptional fundraising activities, knowledge, and counsel to donors and prospective donors, and the leadership ot the school.
This position will serve under the supervision of the Director of Major and Corporate Giving. There is a moderate level of independence required. Mutual respect and transparency among colleagues and donors is the norm.
- Responsible for Donor Stewardship. Duties include enhance/document the existing stewardship program to ensure the donor/Corporate sponsor experience is both gracious and rewarding. Lead the written acknowledgement of gifts and sponsorships.
- Assist the Executive Director and the Director of Major and Corporate Giving with donor strategy, proposal creating, securing appointments and expanding the donor pool to individuals, corporations, and foundations new to the GSA Foundation.
- Plan (in consultation with the Director of Major and Corporate Giving) the Annual Programs solicitation plan for donors of $1,000 or less annually using personal visits, direct mail, phone, email, and all forms of social media.
- In consultation with the Director of Major and Corporate Giving, plan and execute all Foundation events.
- Develop appropriate checklists and guidance charts to ensure timely and smooth execution of the events.
- Work with volunteers to leverage their knowledge and network for additional funding opportunities.
- Support the Foundation Board of Directors as needed
- 1-3 years of Development experience in a nonprofit setting
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Measureable event management experience
- Must be able to pass a SC SLED background check
- A love the Arts is highly desirable
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience working with volunteers
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products
- Graphic Design experience is a plus
Salary will be commensurate with responsibilities, education, knowledge and experience.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume indicating your interest in the position to:
Rowe Carenen, Administrative/Financial Coordinator, at email@example.com
Please call Rowe at 864-282-1570 with any questions concerning this position.
Posted on Tue, April 4, 2017
by Meredith Cook